PANTER’S 7 PRINCIPLES OF MEDIATION
- I am going to work my hardest to settle this case as efficiently and with as little stress to you as possible. If we can’t settle today, I am going to move the case down the path to settlement and help you figure out the most efficient way to finish it.
- I am going to earn you trust today by showing I know the case and understand your needs and wants. I am going to prove that if you share these with me, I will put forth all o f my effort (work like crazy) to help you get them.
- I am going to show your opponent that you are serious about the case, that you are negotiating from strength and that it is in their best interest to settle.
- I am going to show your clients that you have put your blood, sweat and tears into this case and that the case is in position for a good settlement because of your hard work.
- I won’t hesitate to offer my thoughts and opinions, but I will never pretend to know as much about your case as you do.
- I will always listen as hard as I can to understand your position. Never hesitate to correct me if I’m missing something. Never hesitate to ask me anything.
- I will guard anything you tell as confidential as my own secret.
For printable version, click here.